What information do we collect and how do we use it?
The collection, storage and use of personal information within our business has been conducted strictly in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles codified in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time (Privacy Act). The Privacy Act governs the use of a person’s personal information and sets out principles governing the ways in which organisations should treat personal information. 3 Oceans Capital is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information provided to it in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
The methods by which we collect your private information are as follows:
- by your use of and interaction with the 3 Oceans Capital website;
- correspondence to and from the 3 Oceans Capital email account from time to time; and
- day to day trading and information exchange with our staff.
During your use of these methods of correspondence, we may collect the following information: your name, position, company, IP address, email and other contact details. By accessing this website, you consent to our collection of the above information; however, if you wish to revoke your consent, please let us know by using our contact details below.
In accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, and in the context of providing you with this notice, we will only collect information that we are authorised to collect by law.
When we collect information about you, it is for the following purposes only:
- Contacting you in relation to our products and services
- General Company reporting
- Refining the way in which we deliver products and services to you
- Meeting legal requirements or regulations
- Acting in a way you would otherwise reasonably expect
- Undertaking an action disclosed to you and to which you have consented
If at any time you do not wish to be notified about the products and services offered by 3 Oceans Capital, please let us know by using our contact details below.
Information Shared with External Parties
There may be occasions where 3 Oceans Capital may give collected personal information to external parties. These parties include:
- Contractors or consultants who support 3 Oceans Capital business operations (e.g. marketing)
- Anyone authorised by a provider of personal information
- A lawful Australian Government or Policy/Protection Agency when directed to do so
If 3 Oceans Capital does disclose personal information to third party contractors under contracting or consulting arrangements, we will take steps to ensure that those contractors or consultants:
- comply with the Australian Privacy Principles when they handle your personal information;
- will not transfer, store or process your personal information outside of Australia; and
- are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by 3 Oceans Capital.
3 Oceans Capital does not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with third parties.
3 Oceans Capital undertakes strict security measures and corporate governance to ensure protection and prevention of unauthorised access / disclosure of your personal information. Our security measures include electronic, administrative and managerial safeguards to secure the digital information we collect.
Within our organisation, 3 Oceans Capital only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel, being our employees. It is a condition of employment that all 3 Oceans Capital employees maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
In the event of a data breach affecting your personal information, 3 Oceans Capital will respond immediately to notify the relevant authorities and you in writing of the date and time of the breach, how it occurred and what measures have been taken to prevent a subsequent breach.
An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies help us analyse data about traffic to our website, which we may refer to in order to improve our user experience. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline all cookies, including those from 3 Oceans Capital, if you prefer.
We may redirect you to other websites from our own. When linking to external sites from our corporate website, please note that we do not take any responsibility for the content or IP contained within them. Therefore, we do not take responsibility for the protection and privacy of your information once you have left our website, as that is beyond our control. Please exercise cation when visiting external sites linked to our own.